Has anyone in Mi.acheived holographic imaging?

I'm talking about a system that appears as though you could stand
behind the singers.I have been to several hi-end audio stores in metro Detroit and none of them even know it exist.
I saw this once at a guy's house in Bloomfied while tagging along with a friend.I'm not sure what type of budget you need to acheive this.(I've been trying 20 years off and on).
I would travel to "see" it at a home or store.My system is posted here on opinions please living room audio.
jfg
Once one has good quailty gear matched well and the proper recording then it mostly comes down to room acoustics and how that affects the sound you hear directly from the speakers versus the reflected sound. It's a geometric puzzle unique to each room. That takes some time and a lot of tweaking to solve optimally. Some rooms will be much easier than others to solve.
Would be a good New Year treat to hear. I have been looking for the same in and around New York City for about 5 years. Budget is not relevant - you can achieve modest levels using moderately priced gear. Expensive equipment merely sets up the process for louder volumes, requiring bigger rooms. However, I generally find that the bigger speakers, while being able to "sing" at louder volumes for which they are designed, have difficulty reproducing more intimate voices and sound stages.

Jfg, I believe you are on the right path re room treatments. Holographic sound reproduction requires high precision and focus of sound waves, since we are operating within the stereo format.

Hence, Uberdine is correct, in my opinion, re exact speaker placement and alignment. His 4mm variance is about my 1/8" experience with speaker adjustments. I also agree with Uberdine's suggestion re using point-source drivers for the above reasons, as well as vacuum tube amplification, since it seems to remove many of the veils plaguing solid-state amplification. I do not agree, however, that the process is "inexpensive, time-consuming and fun." It is very much not fun, but annoying, frustrating and marked by setbacks.

I have not seen holography done with any degree of credibility in or around New York City as yet, so I am doubtful that any of us will experience it, unless we reproduce it ourselves. Such an endeavor is far too time-consuming and destructive (decor-wise) of the sound room space.
Überdine and Cantgetnosat we are on the same page.It's baffling to me why dealers don't use this as a selling point.It is truly an amazing site.Alas the dealers I talk to are clueless about it.
I had it with my martin logans , until I moved . Speaker placement and room treatments help a lot . I've noticed crazy imaging in between the speakers . I've also had sound coming from behind me and in front outside the sp . The issue is very few recordings that I've listened to have it in there . I think they put in some type of reverb or something . I'll list the artists later . By the way my martin logans are for sale .
I agree it's important to get the speakers precisely in the ideal locations. Unfortunately, and I kind of suspect this might rub some folks the wrong way, but the precise locations within a 1/8" or 1/4" or whatever is not really achievable by ear. Something like the speaker set up track on the XLO Test CD is required, a methodological way to find the precise locations for ANY speakers in ANY room. The problem with trying to do this by listening a little and moving a little is that you will never find the REAL best locations only the local maximum locations. You might find GOOD locations by ear but you won't find the BEST ones.