Has anyone heard the new PS Audio Strata, Integrated Amp/DAC/streamer?

PS audio, is introducing an integrated amp with a DAC that looks interesting.
It can also stream from most popular services.
It is said to output 200 wpc at 4 ohms.
Does anyone have any experience with it yet?
I've had separates for years now, but this looking pretty impressive, if it has the headroom for my Maggie 1.6's.
mwinkc

Showing 9 responses by kren0006

It won’t even begin beta testing for a month or two. You can find a thread on this at the PSA site. 
These PSA projects always slip. Now they will beta test the m1200 amps before strata. I suspect because of the software difficulties with producing their own streaming app. 
Maybe I’ll be wrong, but I’d be surprised if Strata is available before Independence Day at earliest. 
Just to be clear, Paul clarified on PSA site that strata is only 100 wpc into 8 ohms. 
The 200 wpc is into 4 ohms. 
Yeah I think there will be a big market for these one box solutions that some call super integrateds (traditional integrated amp plus streaming).

There will be a lot of competition and I think soon enough almost all the players will have a competing offering. 

NAD and Naim were two of earliest adapters but PSA not far behind IF strata gets released anytime soon. That is no guarantee if you follow the follies relating to speaker and server design there but I wish them well. They certainly are transparent with their customers which is to be commended. 

Will be interesting to see how PSA unit compares to the other options.
@audiotroy,Umm, it’s a US product so attempting to derive or guess at US price from UK price, a$$backwards, especially when PSA has already said US price $3k : )

As they say on ESPN, Come on, man!

I’d think the Hegel’s would give everything mentioned above a very strong run for the money. Wasn’t crazy about NAD M10 sound. Sounded veiled to me
Yeah I think I’d prefer the Hegel amplification stage to the others (just a guess) but I wonder about the Hegel streaming interface???

That said, the PSA fans are diehard and I would love to hear some of their products. Unfortunately direct only now, no dealers in US any longer. Fun to follow some of their threads over there tho
PSA site has clarified that Strata will have a chip-based dac (unlike Directstream Sr, for example). The dac in Strata will presumably be upgraded over the one in Gain Cell Dac/Preamp.  The chip is ES9016 or 9018, I forget which (16 I think), for whatever that is worth.

Yeah, I agree with chrshanl37 on these products filling a nice gap and being good for the industry. Too many too content with poor quality and if this can be a gateway that’s good.
So Strata now appearing on PSA web site product page, listed at $2999 USD.

Not available for sale yet, product page says still in beta testing , but the PSA forums actually clarified (Paul himself, within last 10 days) won't start for Strata until near end of April (despite product page saying now in beta testing)

Perhaps this had been showing for awhile, but I just noticed it on the  PSA product page.  I think it'll be an interesting product.
For those wanting more details on Strata beta testing, head over to the PSA forums where a thread is in progress. Although this review here just now may be more detailed than anything there yet, haha, folks are just getting their units set up and started
I also got pm7000n just within last week and it is breaking in but so far very happy with it.  Better than the Bluesound Powernode 2 it replaced in my office system.  I never owned the M10 but dealer demo did not impress.