Has anyone heard the modified TRL/Sony DVP-NS900V

I was viewing a previous thread on this forum regarding the TRL modified Sony DVP-NS900V SACD player, but it is now gone. Has anyone had experience with this Sony SACD player?

hifying

Showing 4 responses by lkdog

Baranyi-

I have the modded TRL SOny 900 unit w/o the battery option.
What power cord/gauge were you using and what did you switch to from your friend?

I use a Ven Haus Audio power cord with good results.
Ghirteen-

300 hours for basic signature to develop and another 200 hours of gradual changes after that.
Doesn't matter. Play whatever you want.
Unless I am mistaken the break in length is more on the analog output stage, power supply, and the hardwire parts so either format is fine.
I would simply fill up the changer with both and set on repeat.
The player is programmed to stop after so many repeats of all the discs if I recall, so you have to restart it.

Very very nice player and great value.
Make sure you are using a decent power cord with it.
I talked at length with TRL today about the revised full mod with battery power option. I have the basic mod on this unit and it is an extremely enjoyable player as it is.
I am going to try and make a trip to Chicago to hear the full mod with the battery option in a couple weeks. They feel it makes this player quite special. (All modders say this of course), but for Paul to be this excited with his 30+ years of experience is a telling sign.

Will post something if I do hear the full battery mod.