Has anyone heard the modified TRL/Sony DVP-NS900V

I was viewing a previous thread on this forum regarding the TRL modified Sony DVP-NS900V SACD player, but it is now gone. Has anyone had experience with this Sony SACD player?

hifying

Showing 1 response by hchi

711smilin, if the one TRL mod 900 you bought were the one sold twice in the past few weeks for $700 in condition 7/10, I believe that one still has the very original mod, not the latest extensive version. I remembered the original seller also mentioned it in his post. I preassume you bought it the second owner. [I believe you can still pull out the post using goolgle cached search]. After reading some good reviews, I was trying hunt one down myself to see what all the buzz is about for quite some weeks ago. I agree in-person audition will be an excellent idea for it will give us a good idea whether we like the 'house' sound or not. Please keep sharing about your discovery in the digital venture. It is also a pleasure to read your reviews on digital gears.

Hifying, if you can arrange one to bring home for audition, that would the best. I was trying to locate the same thread in the last couple days with no avail. In the article, it seems to allude the possibility of arranging a demo unit from TRL. That may be something worth investigating. Regardless which manufacture it is, we still can't negelect the system synergy factor. :) The best way to check it out would still be to plug the equipment of interest in your own rig. The challenge I see in buying the modded player second handed is to make sure we are getting a unit with the latest revision mod as all companies seem to keep perfecting their ideas and mod principles. Please keep us posted regarding the progress of your venture. Thanks all for sharing.