Has anyone heard the modified TRL/Sony DVP-NS900V

I was viewing a previous thread on this forum regarding the TRL modified Sony DVP-NS900V SACD player, but it is now gone. Has anyone had experience with this Sony SACD player?

hifying

Showing 13 responses by baranyi

I almost gave up on this mod and tried a power cord today that a friend had laying around. The difference was startling! Before trying this different power cord I was getting very little bass and the music had a distant quality to it. This has all evaporated with the new Power cord. I spoke with Paul of TRL today and he confirmed that this unit is extremely power cord sensitive. I am going to purchase one of their power cords to insure that I am hearing the unit as it was meant to be heard. I am anxious to get feedback from others who have done the battery option.
Clio09,
I would love to hear your thoughts on the battery option. Paul said that it is supposed to take the player to a new level. Bob
Has anyone recently received the battery powered version of this mod and what are your impressions? Bob
I have been away for a few days. Has anyone else received the battery option for the TRL Sony 900?
Wondering again if anyone has recently received their battery option TRL Sony 900 and what are the impressions of this upgrade? Bob
Brian,
Thanks for the update. As you can tell, I am very interested to hear this updated unit. A local audiophile has just received his unit as well and I plan to give it a listen.
I think I will follow your lead and send another Sony unit to TRL so I can compare the two units. Bob
What is new at TRL? I still plan on getting the battery mod to the Sony 900 but I heard that they even like a Marantz Mod better. Has anyone heard it against the battery Sony? Bob
Thanks Lithojoe and Jebel for news about TRL's newest flagship. I really don't mind being a generation behind (that's what my kids say!) If anyone is getting rid of their battery powered TRL 900, I might be interested. Bob