Has anyone gone from Tannoy to Zu Audio?

Hej

I'm a Tannoy Legacy Eaton owner who is wondering if the step to Zu Audio DW6 is to big for me.
I really like my Tannoys, but they are a little veild and a little too laidback.
I have a 12w tube amp and the sensitivity of the Tannoys is just at 89 dB.
I usually listen at low volume, which is also not the Tannoy Legacy Eaton's strong point.

So, anyone here that has taken this step? Was is an evolution, a revoulution or...?

simna

Showing 2 responses by seamaster300m

I had a pair of Turnberry SE for 12 years. I always curious about Zu so I bought a pair used Zu Durid MK5 Rev. A. I had both for almost 3 months, sold Turnberry kept the Zu, almost a year passed, never regretted. I tried them both with SS amp, 845 SET, 300B Set, and new Marantz Model 30 the results were consistent. Zu is more musical and more soulful, hope this helps.

Griffin 

BTW, just recently I visited Upscale Audio’s music demo room, and listened both Arden and Cheviot, just to make sure if the newer Tannoy sound different, and yes, they both a tinny bit of better than my SE, the Tannoy shout midrange was improved with both new Tannoy, the general sound signature is the same, the Arden had too much bass for the mid sized room even I listen to R&B music. 

Is Zu perfect? Of course NOT, the bass is where Tannoy kicks Zu’s butt for deepest  bass and Zu lacks bass impact in the chest of Tannoy.