Has anybody bought or heard a Chinese knock off amplifier?

There are a lot clones coming out of China and power amplifiers seem to be along for the ride.
Mark Levinson, Goldmund, and Accuphase are some of the big names I see replica’s being advertised for sale. These replica’s range in price from $500-$2000. My curiosity every time I see these always is do they even sound like the brand they are trying copy? Another thought that comes to my mind when I see them is, are they even safe or reliable. I myself wouldn’t touch one of these, but that’s me. Has anybody heard one? If so it would be interesting to hear some opinions regarding these amplifiers.
hiendmmoe

Showing 1 response by hobo1452

Before moving up to a Bob Carver Crimson 275, I bought a new Muzishare X-7 integrated amp on Amazon to see if I even wanted to get back into tubes. I have seen enough crap electronics in my time to know good from bad, and I was very impressed with the build quality and the components used in the Muzishare. It also sounds great. I have no idea what the clones look like, but there is some pretty respectable gear, like the highly rated Line Magnetic Audio coming from China. There are quite a few reviews out there that back that observation up too. As for getting fooled by a clone, the same adage applies to name brand audio gear as anything else; If the price is too good to be true, beware.