Has a Power Conditioner Improved Your Sound?

My system sounds great. When it is on and not playing music it is dead silent. I tried a PowerPlant Regenerator and it didn’t improve my sound. Actually it slightly constricted my soundstage. Like most audiophiles I’m always searching for that next improvement and wonder if a power conditioner might add something to my SQ So before I start auditioning any power conditioners on a 30 day trial I’d like to know if anyone has experienced a significant improvement to their system, what that improvement was and which power conditioners they used. Right now I’m considering the Isoteck brand. Possibly the Aquarius or Electra. I’d most likely keep the amp plugged into the wall and connect my Streamer and DAC to the conditioner.

jfrmusic

I have the iFi Power Station (actually I have two) that @lalitk mentioned earlier in the thread. My power amp is still plugged directly into the wall, but everything else runs through these. I have been very impressed. In my home, these obviously helped with some power noise issues and presented a much quieter background and helped to open up the entire soundstage quite a bit. They didn’t subtract from the sound at all. Of course power issues will vary considerably by environment, but I have really enjoyed these in my system.

Years ago all I used was a $120 APC and thought that this would clean up the sound but I was dead wrong. Bought a couple of Isoteks that were recommended by others and these were a wise choice for the buck. The Aquarius for my #1 system and the Polaris for my second system have made the light passages and overall sound pristine. Yes, they do make a difference in my opinion. There are more expensive line conditioners but Isotek is a good value .

I have used an Audience power conditioner for years. I have had the unit updated when updates were available, etc. I recently went through some equipment changes and ended up partially by-passing the conditioner. To my complete surprise I now prefer bypassing the conditioner since I believe what I may have originally thought improved the sound may in fact have restricted it in some way. Since I don't want to go without surge protection I am now in the process of seeking to have a "whole house" surge protector installed. The funny/frustrating thing about this hobby is that one day we can interpret a change in the sound of our system as an improvement and by the next day we may change our mind and determine the opposite. That in part is what keeps this hobby good for the economy.

@pmiller115 

”The funny/frustrating thing about this hobby is that one day we can interpret a change in the sound of our system as an improvement and by the next day we may change our mind and determine the opposite”, you sure hit it on the nail head. Hearing things differently does not necessarily mean better. What matters the most is if that difference = a perceived benefit to sound for the individual.