Harmonic Recovery "Boxes"

Clement Perry has new review of another "black Box" harmonic recovery device. Are these the panacea some claim or just another device that filters or colors sound, what are members thoughts on these devices? Sam
128x128megasam

Showing 1 response by richmonk019c

I have owned an HRS for about 18 months. The most significant improvement in my system (Wadia 850 CD player, Linn Klout power amp, Magnaplanar 3.6R speakers) is that images are more precise and have more of a correct "size". With the HRS, female vocalists are more "right there in the room", and the voice comes from a correctly sized mouth. Without the HRS, the vocalist is more "smeared" (more diffuse) and the sound of the voice seems to come from too large a part of the soundstage. I believe the HRS helps my cd player drive my amplifier better, just as the advertising says. Would the HRS significantly help a state of the art preamp drive a state of the art amplifier better and result in more musical sound? I don't know, but I know I like what the HRS does in my humble system, and it is always in the system. I really like the sound of music my system reproduces using the HRS, and I am glad I bought it. I purchased a premium power cord with the HRS. Recommended. Best of Luck.