"Hardly Used / Less than 100 Hours / Took out for pics only"????

I'm constantly baffled and confused by the number of ads I read that say the item for sale has barely been used.  

I try not to be distrustful, but I feel like you're either in this hobby or you're not.  There's nothing more fun than the anticipation of a new piece of gear and what it might do to your system! 

If you have a piece of equipment, why wouldn't you set it up and give it a couple of months.  We all know that it takes awhile for the item to break in, or for your ears to adjust.  

Dealers aside, why would anyone in this hobby own something that has less than 100 hours on it?

mjmcubfn

Showing 3 responses by gavman

I own a pair of Focal Stella Utopias. I adore them. To my ears they have but a single fault: they are not open baffle.

Wolf von Langa builds open baffle speakers with a tremendous reputation. They are based in Germany, I am in the UK. It was my plan to travel and hear them, then purchase if i like them

Then my cat developed diabetes. Every 12 hours he needs a life saving insulin injection. Travelling to Germany is no longer an option. So I’m considering buying the WVL Chicagos, comparing them to my Stellas and either selling the pair that comes second, or if i remain smitten with both, keeping them all and building a second system.

If i sell one pair, it won’t be because there’s anything wrong with them. If its the WVL dipoles, they may have less than 100 hours on them.

@thecarpathian

a less indulgent explanation could be:

that I’m using my cat’s indisposition as an excuse to buy speakers😁

As fer the bunfight

Had a whole speech thunked up pon the subjest of my cats interesting genetics, or his remarkable parents, his own wide roaming exp,oits., his triumph among his siblings to be alpha, and thus the only one to retain his plums...his survival after losing a leg in a dog attack...then i finished both joint and beer, along the way deciding there were better ways to spend Christmas day

Happy Christmas to you all 

luvgav