Harbeth compact 7ES3 for small room

Hi All,
I’m in a beginning of a searching process for a pair of monitor speakers for a small room (3m x 3m). I know that the room is very small and I’ll have to treat it acoustically.
I was thinking about the Harbeth compact 7es3, especially since I read in the Harbeth forum that Alan Shaw did all the listening, tuning and adjustment of the C7ES3 at a room of 3m x 3m.
I’m using a Plinius 8100 integrated amplifier, and listening mainly to classic, jazz, vocals and rock (Pink floyd type of music, not hard rock). I appreciate your thoughts and wanted to ask if you can think about other speakers that might work at this room size?
Thanks
bedel
Yes, very good choice. The newer P3's would also be good, albeit with a slightly smaller sound.
and also agree, why assume you need room treatment? I hate to hear Harbeths in a dead room...sucks the life out of em.

I've got a room not much bigger than that. I'm thinking unless harbeth is your only pick, there's a bunch of ways to go in there. Silverline Monitors seem a safe bet for sure, if the SR 15 is any indication of what lays ahead in a 16, 17, or 17.5.... although I'd probably want to stay away from rear ported units unless positioning allows for them to be into the room some.
Hi Bedel

I have a room, a little larger than yours, in which I have been using Harbeth 7's for probably five years, and with very good success. They just do their job, and are very unassuming to outside sources. I think you would be very happy with this choice.

Good luck.

Regards,
AEW
Thank you all very much for your inputs.
Belindjim – I agree with you. I heard the Silverline speakers (not this specific model) in two CES audio show, and I really liked them (the small minuet have unbelievable soundstage for their size). As you mentioned, I thought that it will not make sense to get speakers with rear ported units(like Totem, Vienna acoustics monitors, and many more).
Speaking about speakers without rear ported units; does anyone have an experience with JM lab Electra 1007 BE? Can it work in small room as well? Any preferences if you compare them to the Harbeth?
AEW – I was very happy to read about your personal experiences with these speakers. Just for curiosity, does your room is acoustically treated?
Thanks