Guttenberg reviews Volti Razz

Just watched youtube review by Steve Guttenberg on the Volti Razz Decorator. (no veneer). In my view he sums up all I've been enjoying with these wonderful speakers. Dynamic, sweet sounding, engaging, musical... 

Decorator Razz, $2k less than standard Razz. DIY stain and seal. Pretty darn cool in my book!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xdoyle3433

Showing 2 responses by doyle3433

@jond Dang! One of these shows it would be awesome to finally connect up with you my friend. I understand the combination of either the Razz and the Rival with the Boarder Patrol is sublime. When I finally got to hear the Razz they were paired with a Cary SLI80 HS. It was a beautiful pairing. It stuck with me and I ordered my own Cary. I’m not sure if it’s quite up to the pairing with the Boarder Patrol… it certainly was more friendly to my bank account.

I am hoping and praying that you all, and all the brothers and sisters here in AG are safe during this crazy weather period we’re having.

@audioman58 Good point and good advice. For myself when I'm in the market for something I read and listen to as many points of view as I can. Of course also here on AG. Then if there seems to be a mostly positive consensus and no glaring flags, I set off to use my own ears. 

When I was in my favorite college job, one of the only two high end shops in my town, my boss noted I read every audio rag out there, Sterophile, TAS, HiFi Choice, etc... He said something along the lines that there is a mutual relationship there. Reviewer's need companies to send gear to review to sell copy, companies need reviews to sell gear. Reviewer too harsh = less gear sent = less gear and magazines sold.