Gryphon Diablo 300 vs Vitus RI-101

So I've been itching to upgrade my amp. I currently have: PS audio Directstream -> PS BHK preamp -> parasound JC1 -> Focal Sopra 2.
    I narrow down to these 2 candidates. Any one with experience with both int amps can comment on them?Thanks!!!
128x128btbluesky

Showing 1 response by koslekt1

I don't post terribly often but thought I would as I have the Gryphon 300 and had the JC1s. I have also had the pleasure of the Pass 150.8 in my home. All 3 are really nice amps but each brings its own flavor. To me, the Gryphon 300 is a bottom up, big sounding amp yet it also has a really nice tone the high frequencies. I think it also has the best imaging. It's super easy to want to turn up the volume yet not have any fatigue. The JC1s are really even handed from top to bottom and don't seem to emphasize any one thing over another. For the price you can get a pair of them for, they are really hard to beat. They sound impressively better set to high bias and with updated cords. The Pass 150.8 really shined through the midrange but didn't sound as refined as the 300 at either frequency extreme. I've not heard the Vitus but when it sounds like their gear is best <50watts Class A. Beyond that and it seems like there are a lot of mixed reviews. 
FWIW - the 300 sounds so good that it has prompted me to start looking at its bigger brothers - hard to give it a better compliment than that!