Green Mountain Audio

I picked up a set of Diamante's for cheap. They have trashed foam surrounds but otherwise seem fine. I plan on veneering the "marble" with a beautiful teak or rosewood- I haven't decided.The angles will look pretty cool with the right veneer. The marble is not so cool but rigid and heavy. 

Curious if some upgraded drivers would improve the sound- as apposed to re-foaming. I realize this is a shot in the dark but my understanding is Roy from GMA has passed so not sure where to get driver advice. Open to any and all suggestions.

ovinewar1

Nope. I have 1 veneered. It got pretty frosty and my barn isn’t heated. I also got distracted with a zillion other things. I am committed to completing. I do appreciate your continued curiosity. 

Make sure you upgrade those crossovers in there as they were using quite basic and cheap circuits to save money. You might need to use an active crossover

+! 

Make sure you upgrade those crossovers in there as they were using quite basic and cheap circuits to save money. 

Muy importante ....

Before you consider changing anything in the crossover, decide if you like them the way they sound. The crossovers are simple looking because they were first order and will have a minimum number of parts. Messing with the crossover could make matters significantly worse.