GREAT MUSIC - SO POORLY RECORDED...

HI TO ALL... Made a change to isolating my speakers, so I'm pawing thru my CDs and listening for the changes/improvements - and I put in one of the all-time greats (IMHO), and I am still so disappointed in the quality of the recording:
BAT OUTTA HELL by Meatloaf (luv ELLEN FOLEY ON "... Dashboard Lights..."): UGH!

What are your personal disappointments?

Another for me: THE DANCE by Fleetwood Mac : OVERLY Bass heavy
insearchofprat

Showing 1 response by bongofury1956

My personal disappointment is people.
I look and see the responses to the question of "What are your personal disappointments?" to the question of " GREAT MUSIC - SO POORLY RECORDED..."
The OP makes no mention as to what the material source is that is being lamented due to limited hertz or some such. Vinyl, tape, CD, digital, analog, among the most popular sources.
At the time, when most of the music was and is recorded, it was done by people in front of the microphone as well as behind it,their best effort.
Where I am going with this, is, it is what it is. We need to live with what is available and how it is presented. The OP moved some speakers around and didn't like the result.
Every song ever sung has its merits. Or it wouldn't be here to grouse about. 20hz to 20khz is a baseline, where music is the variance.