Grado SR-225 or Sennheiser HD580?

Both are available for about $149. I'd appreciate any views on the respective merits of these 'phones.

Also, does anyone think it's worth it to spend an extra $80-100 and get the Senn HD600?

Thanks.
kdl6769
I have both the Grado 325s and the Sennheiser 600s, and I agree with the above. The Sennheisers are much more comfortable and I might even prefer the sound, though both are very good headphones.
I own the HD600's, and they have better defined transient response than Grado RS-2's which I auditioned, probably because of less resonance. I also found the Grado's shaded too much toward the bass. Sennheisers win easy on comfort, but the 600's need a good partnering headphone amp if the sound is not to become fatiguing with their more difficult load. For the record, even driven with my quite capable Musical Fidelity X-Cans v.2 amp, I am ultimately still not satisfied that the 600's are as tonally nuetral as I would ideally want, but there may be nothing in the price range (or even at all?) that is. Headphones are a very personal choice, though, since everyone's ears and head (physically speaking) are different, so you really must audition some for yourself.
I stepped up from the Grado 80 using the headphone jack on my Radio Shack Optimus CD-3400 to the Sennheiser 600. Everything got much better, although I might like a touch more bass. I am now using the Berning micro zotl and the sound is simply terrific. It is amazing what I can hear that is lost through any speakers. The Grado might be similarly capable, but if you can sit with the Grado on your head for two hours you are a better man than I.
Just a technical note, Memeboy - what you say is lost through your speakers is actually lost due to the room. Happy listening!
If you want to read more opinions, suggest you go to headfi.org or headwize.com and search their forums. My personal vote is for Grado. I use the "comfy pads" on my SR 80 and RS-2's, which come with the SR60 but can be purchased separately and I actually find them as comfortable if not more than the Sennheisers. The Grado's are much easier to drive. The only time I have heard Sennheisers sound better is thru a tube amp like the Earmax. The Grado's will sound good with a solid state amp and can even be used directly into some portable cd players with ok results. Headphones are a very personal choice as both sound quality and comfort come into play. A home audition is highly recommended.