Goodbye Everyone

Rather than just disappear, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who gave me help, taught me stuff, the many friendly members.

Elliott

elliottbnewcombjr

Showing 2 responses by cd318

@elliottbnewcombjr 

Thank you for letting us know your reasons, that's very considerate of you.

It is an awful big world out there and we here are mostly just like ships passing in the night.

It has been a pleasure reading your contributions here.

None of them ever threatened to make my blood pressure rise.

Even if the OP doesn’t agree, an acknowledgement of someone/anyone’s efforts could/should be noted,

Yes, you're right, a little more politeness is never a bad thing.

I'm sure your decision was not lightly taken but you always know where we are.

Best of luck with any health issues. 

@elliottbnewcombjr 

Physically it had an advantage over NYC, because NYC had destroyed so much historic architecture, a million boring metal storefronts installed; whereas Philly had retained those elements.

What happened in NYC sounds like what's happening in the UK.

Most of the major cities are now almost unrecognisable compared to just 40 years ago. The population seems to be growing faster than ever and the need for more housing is obvious.

It's almost like the 1960s high rise explosion happening again. This is kind of ironic since the UK spent most of the 1980s and 1990s complaining about how awful those architectural monstrosities.

One voice in particular regularly harped on about them back then. In a few weeks time he's about to coronated as the new king.

Nowadays I wish I had taken more photographs of my old haunts for memory's sake.

All this rapid change kind of reminds me of that Morrissey line,

David, the wind blows
The wind blows
Bits of your life away