Good stand-alone phono preamp?

Need a good phono preamp for a high-output MC cartridge. Can't spend mega-bucks but want a nice, high-definition unit. What do you recommend? Thanks in advance. Associated equipment: BAT VK-5i MR RM-200 Magnepan 1.6QR LP12 w/ET-2 DV 20X
schnider8781
A real sleeper is the Michell Delphini. FWIW, Fremer chose the BASIC model as his 'second favorite' out of a half-dozen or so phono stages in a recent Stereophile. And the basic is NOTHING compared to the upgrade unit with highly regulated power supply. Unless you're dead-set on tubes, it's a major contender IMHO. Good luck and vinyl forever, -John
I'm going to order the Audio Electronic Supply PH-1 kit. At $399 there isn't too much else available. I'd like a BAT VK-PH5 or ARC PH-3 but can't swing the cost at the moment. Thanks to all of you for your opinions!
If you are getting the AES PH-1, get the upgraded oil filled caps. Worth the extra money. We don't sell the kit, but sell the assembled product, and it is THAT cool. Really great sounding. You'll be happy with it.
Parasounds John Curls JC3+ - $3000
Parasounds John Curls JC jr- $1500
Vincent Audio Pho 701 - $500  

Megabucks is a relative term. 😁