Good read: why comparing specifications is pointless

“ … Bitrates, sampling rates, bit sizes, wattages, amplifier classes…. as an audio enthusiast, there are countless specifications to compare. But it is – virtually – all meaningless. Why? Because the specifications that matter are not reported ánd because every manufacturer measures differently. let’s explain that...”

128x128akg_ca

“The hope of film buffs and makers alike is an experience that fully transports the audience into the world of the characters,” said Auro Technologies CEO Wilfried Van Baelen. “Having major releases from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment incorporating Auro-3D helps provide this immersive experience, with sound design unlike anything audiences have heard before, to ensure they are able to enjoy films how the creator intended—with full impact.”:

Auro-3D filed for bankruptcy back in June of this year.

Amir_asr, thank you for posting on this forum. I've never posted before. However, I think raising the profile of reproducible quantitative measurements in the audiophile world is worth supporting. I love the audiophile world because of it's confluence of science, art and what it means to perceive as a human.

I should also add, I recently purchased a set of 802d4 speakers. I have heard the 802d3, which measure similarly, and felt there was a "harshess" at the top end. I chose to stick with my 20+ year old electrostatics at the time. After hearing the 802d4 I was immediately sold on the sound. I like them more than speakers I've listened to that measure better on your site. They also look amazing in walnut, which won't show up in acoustic measurements. 😉

Reprodicible measurements that can be compared are important, but more important is giving the consumer tools to figure out what measurable aspects are important to them. Is there something in the 802d3 vs d4 measurements that would have told me I would like one more rham the other (all other factors being equal)? If not, the value of measurements goes down.