Good read: why comparing specifications is pointless

“ … Bitrates, sampling rates, bit sizes, wattages, amplifier classes…. as an audio enthusiast, there are countless specifications to compare. But it is – virtually – all meaningless. Why? Because the specifications that matter are not reported ánd because every manufacturer measures differently. let’s explain that...”

128x128akg_ca

Showing 16 responses by jerryg123

@kota1 your should know by now, Amir is all knowing and the GOD OF AUDIO. He doesn't  have to read what you mere mortals post on these pages.

Not sure why he keeps coming back for all the abuse.

He is simply the greatest audio reviewer that ever walked the planet. Just ask him he will tell you.

No but you sure stuck your tongue on a frozen flag pole.

Reading is fundamental. 

Guess ASR is your bible. 

Why? Because the specifications that matter are not reported ánd because every manufacturer measures differently. let’s explain that...”

When I heat a pizza in an oven I don’t stick my hand in and feel how hot it is!

Sounds just like those idiots in DC. 

This is not a thread about my room.  Or any room for that matter.  It is about audio gear specs/measurements

@cleeds @ghdprentice @kota1 you all nailed it and are calling a spade a ♠️.

I have never been on the ASR site but have seen the musings of Amir’s followers, and that told me enough. Watched on YouTube video of Amir’s and that was enough for me.

Not with this Amir guy. He is here to blow his own horn.

I am out. 

Not with this Amir guy. He is here to blow his own horn.

I am out. 

@amir_asr I could care less if you are here.

Free country.

You do you.

Do you have someone write your reviews? 

You keep saying you don’t want me here, then throw out fighting words like what I am responding to. Or arguments that can be trivially shown to be wrong.

This entire line of thought makes zero sense.

Why feel bad for selling his gear?

Why did you buy it knowing Topping was better according to you?

ow do you know they can't afford it?  I recently reviewed a bunch of Chord gear from a member.  Cost?  Around $30K.  He bought a Topping DAC to replace it all and said it sounded just as good.  He was so nice about it that felt guilty to sell the Chord gear to someone else.  I suspect money is not nearly as valuable to him as his ethics there.

I personally replaced my $6,000 Mark Levinson DAC (and older multibit one), with a Topping as well.  I have more capabilities and have not lost a bit of fidelity.  I have however, lost prestige given how small it looks compared the Levinson DAC.