Goldenear Triton One R vs. PSB T3. vs. Spendor D7...

Which pair of speakers will have the most transparency, sound-stage  and depth? All are about $6500 to $7500. Which one in your opinion is the biggest bang for the buck?
128x128zeal

Showing 3 responses by kren0006

I’ve owned D7 for over a year and really like them. In months leading up to purchasing I compared against about twenty other speakers and liked the d7 best. Heard the older Goldenear (2+, 1) and was not impressed at all, but the one.r reportedly better than past GE. Haven’t heard PSB. Good luck

Spendor D Series sounds nothing like traditional Spendor, which has a reputation of being very laid back.

If you like traditional Spendor, you probably will not like D Series. In my case, D Series is perfect, because of the LPZ (in-house made by Spendor). It is quick and lively, not bright (in my opinion.

I listened to 20+ speakers. Bright (or at least brighter, everyone will hear differently) tweeters are Klipsch, Focal, Paradigm, B&W, and others. Not Spendor D series. They are neutral, BUT COMPARED to traditional Spendor, yes, they sound brighter. But that is because traditional Spendor is probably in the lower 30% of all speakers re brightness.

It’s all in the perspective.

I own D7, D1, and SA1. Listen to each every day. IMO, D series destroys the SA1, but as we say, it is all personal preference. Go and listen. Stores mostly open now.
Trying to guess how a speaker sounds simply by looking at specs (e.g., assessing bass quality) is a pretty dangerous business. Gotta actually listen