Golden Tube amps

These look interesting to me and have some good prices. Anyone have some opinions on these? Reliability? Sound quality such as sound staging, detail and of course realism. I have never owned tube, so don't know the problems that come with tubes in general.
r32657
They are out of business, and have reliability issues. From what I have heard, schematics may be hard to get. Beware.

However, they are very good sounding amps. They can benefit from some mods, and can be real nice.

It's sort of a quandary, because they do sound good, but you don't want to get stuck with a broken amp that is hard to get repaired.
I'll basically repeat what was previously said i.e. good sound, horrid reliability. As far as having a tube amp fixed, unless it uses some type of OEM ( Original Equipment Manufacturer ) type of transformer or odd-ball part, that shouldn't be a big deal at all. If you look around, there are PLENTY Of people that can fix this type of stuff and do the upgrades that Twl made mention of. Sean
>
Thanks for the feedback. So what is a good tube amp to go with that is in the same price range?
The one that combines undisputed reliability along with excellent sound is Quicksilver M60.
This one also excells on tube longetivity and probably today's champion on this issue. Never I gues you would have to do anything with these amps. Jus plug and play.