Gold interconnect comparison help

This is a repeatition from my threat at ac forum. any one tried kci silkworms, gabriel gold revelation, jade vermeil gold, antipodes gold or other gold base interconnect? how do you compare them? which one is better in your opinion and why? i would like to tame by abit bright systems. you can use GG rev as reference as i have one

Not to start war or something, i just need some comparison the cables, as i do not have the pleasure to be able to try cables and have the money back guarantees offers. i live in Asia and shipping the package back and forth would cost fortune. thx
milen007

Showing 11 responses by milen007

i would like to add to my previous post about my initial impression about gabriel gold revelation ic. i make a wrong claim saying gg is harsh in my systems. i later found out its caused by the quicksilver contact enhancer that i applied to the tubes pins. today i just change the tubes to telefunken 12ax7 with no enhancer, just cleaning the pins with contact cleaner. sound dull at first which then open up very nice after few hours of running. so GG revelation is rave in my system. kuddos to the designer, well done, steve.
Hi john, thanks for the respond, maybe i need to rephrase my question. whats the characteristic of the cables mentioned above?

as with john description for vermeil, "I prefer the Jade Vermeil/Hybrid cables in my system. To my ears, they present a deeper stage with more space around the players"

i have GG revelation on my systems now and can be used as reference

i need another gold ic to replace my VanDenHul.
Glory, the GG rev work "just" fine is my system, abit of harsh, i am not sure its the ic or my systems, it is so revealing that every bit of the music is portray out clearly. hows your silkworm evaluation goes?

thanks Electro77 for the insight. i got the idea now.

this threat going interesting, head to head on GG R and Jade hybrid. keep us posted on your views, Jmcgrogan2 and glory. and whats the systems being associated with the opinions.

I think all the cable is systems dependent. just swapping the PCs (OFC and silver coated copper) amongst the cdp, pre and amp do make it sound different. likewise when i swap IC between cdp and amp. all sound different. i think this hobby really need trial and errors.
Rja, i did replace with my old IC but the harsh tone down, so hardly any harsh with old IC. BUT, less detail, less soundstage and less dynamic and all. two IC is actually different league, VDH D102 and GG rev, so no way to compare.

with GG there is no harsh when listening at slightly less than my normal listening volume, but getting fatigue once above my listening volume

i think it might be the systems that sounds harsh, thats why i do not blame the GG IC. I will still keep it as it really sound very good at slightly below my normal listening volume.

Havent got the chance to try GG rev on friend's systems (which is better system than mine)
Hi Rja, my cable is ex-demo, so its well cooked :) according to Steve, he suggest 6-8 hrs run will give the best of the cable. i read somewhere in the threat that it will give the best of the cable if cooked regularly. but i dont have that pleasure as i am in Asia. you might try, think Steve will do it for you happily
how bout jade vermeil? i think they are alloy as well, not sure the composition tho.

my intention is actually try to get some sore of idea in the IC characteristic that price below $1000 and particularly IC that contain gold. So alloy might be fit.

with the added gold in the IC construction may bring some sort of characteristic to the sonic which I like.

I prefer lush sound (tube sound), which of the above IC mention above has this kind of character?
I would like to try jade vermeil but never found used jade cable for sale. Is this mean everyone is so satisfied with jade that none willing to sale. OR jade sold in just small amount. Comment?

Just got my KCI silkworm. Been running awhile. So far so good. With combination of GG rev and silkworm , my system sound so musical and transparent that I'm reluctant to AB them.
just finished comparing the KCI silkworm and GG rev in my system:

cdp cyrus 8x with psr
pre amc cvt 1030
amp amc cvt 2100
belden diy PC
lessloss PC
few diy shielded and unshielded PC
audio art ic-3
gabriel gold Rev
kci silkworm
xindak fs gold
spendor s 3/5

the opinion below is strictly my own opinion with my limited experience in hifi.

both cables are exceptional cables with huge clarity, details and can be easily live with.

the differences are:
KCI silkworm appear faster with slightly more dynamic and slightly better soundstage. i prefer kci when listening to instrument music, orchestra, etc

GG Rev has vocal to die for that kci cant compare. i prefer this cable when listening to vocal, jazz, etc

both cable have to be arrange such that GG rev from cdp to pre, and silkworm from pre to amp to give the best sound, dynamic and details. very quiet and huge soundstage.

if the other way around, they sound noisier, maybe to much decay of the instrument or something. but still maintaining the same details and soundstage.
Darealjaydee, yes its the discontinued one. sure i might check on that one. or maybe 1/2m rapture
how much the SRP? Worth the diff? How do you compare the antipode gold and jade hybrid? Thx