Going linear - The Luxman 507ux

No one panic, but I just picked up the last Luxman 507ux in the US. About 110w/ch with power meters. 😀

Ill compare them directly with my Class Ds at home. 
erik_squires
@erik_squires ,@jetter, Thank you for the advice.
I am from singapore where the electricity is 230 V 50 Hz. I originally plan to buy from the Japan 2nd hand hifi dealers where a 507uxII is about USD 3.6k a new one is about USD 4.8k. But this would require a step down transformer.
I contacted the luxman distributor in hong kong and they agreed to ship a new luxman 507uxII to me at USD 5k inclusive of shipping charges. The hong kong model is 220 V 50 hz similar to my country. The 509x would cost USD 7.5k.
I noticed that there is big disparity in the prices of Luxman across the world. In US the retail price are similar to Japan. In Europe the 507uxII retails for about USD 7.5k and some of the Asia countries are priced similarly to Eroupe.
Sitting her listening to Billie Holiday in 24 bit 192 flac on my system right now.  Luxman 507-uxii, Harbeth 30.1 speakers, MHDT orchid and some decent but not very expensive cables.  Streaming Hi Rez with Qobuz into the MHDT.  Controlling the system with Roon on my iPad Pro.  
No more cd’s just qobuz and vinyl (the Lux has a very nice MC stage).

My two cents as someone that has been into this maniacal hobby for maybe 30 years and has owned tube systems along the way that cost two or three times as much as this system - I feel no urge whatsoever to upgrade anytime soon, if ever.  For the music I listen to - vocal jazz, piano, acoustic rock, chamber music, strings in general it just fantastic.  The depth, the timbre, transparency, the bass when it’s part of the music,  all the audiophile words apply but it’s also a very musical system.  
@steveashe Glad to hear that you are enjoying your l507uxII so much. This has given me much needed reassurance on the amp, especially since I do not have the chance to audition it.