Glue from inner sleeves leeching onto records

I have gone through some of my collection of 'audiophile' records that were pressed at RTI pre-2010 (Cisco, Analog Productions, Classic Records etc.) when they used an inner sleeve that was made up of paper on the outside and a poly liner on the inside, which was held together with a line of glue about 1" from the perimeter.

I have found quite a few records with these sleeves where the glue has leeched onto the vinyl. I tried cleaning it off at first with my Degritter RCM, but it did not remove much.  I also have a Keith Monks Gemini RCM, but it won't be ready for use for a little while.

I was curious if maybe using one of the 'glue' record cleaning process might work for this?  I never thought I would try such a cleaning method, but it may be the best for this scenario?

Has anyone had this issue and found a successful way to clean the glue off the records?

Thanks
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xrich121

Showing 1 response by rich121

This was not uncommon with records pressed by RTI pre-2009... Almost every one of my AP Blue Notes have this issue... Cisco also is known to have this issue and some Classic Records releases.