GLANZ MFG 610LX

I have been searching for this uber rare GLANZ cartridge since mid 80´s as I missed my opportunity to purchase one when it was for sale back in the day. I knew its reputation as one of finest cartridges available but I just missed it, young and foolish I was. In the same price category, I bought SHURE V-15V-MR instead.

Now thirty years later I owe one, NOS found in a barren town near the Arctic Circle. It sounds just fantastic out of the box. I am very lucky as this model is so seriously rare.
harold-not-the-barrel

Showing 1 response by lartecafe

@ Chakster,

dears, 
i am going to build a reference turntable but using vintage items only... I bought a SME3009 IIIs tonearm and a great piece of black granite .. needs the motor and plate.. I went in the deposit where I know there is a boxed blaupunkt turntable of my father.. very heavy... looking enough strong mechanic with quartz controlled speed.. I have performed general cleaning and I found a GLANZ MFG 61 cartridge with violet stylus named HAH.. I tried to find something on internet but nothing... inthe meantime I plug the turntable into the system (pre-phono Teac, pre-amplifier AM Audio, Amplifer CHORD and ESS AMT Monitor ... start playing .. YENTL by Barbara Streisand... volume very low (it’s very late and family is sleeping)....WOW and WOW and WOW !!!!!!!! And again WOW !!! I cannot believe what I am listening... now is playing Beautiful Blue Danube ... it’s  wery dynamic, low noise, speedy, clear.. all instruments at right place and equal presence... the 3D scene is something “real”.. I have Stanton 881S on Luxman PD 264 (MicroSeiki tonearm) and Shure V15 mk III on Technics SL 1400.. beautiful cartridges... but very far away from this GLANZ! It’s another word! I’m really impressed... so I insist to find something on Internet and I found this forum ... happy to see that there are other happy owners of this fantastic cartridge ... I need specs, manual.. some one could help me please? For sure I have now the reference cartridge for my DIY reference turntable !!! Thanks papa’ for This gift I found 26 years after you gone .. smile 😃