Give 'Ambrosia' another listen

Ambrosia.  It's been years since I put them on, and I'm blown away. There are a couple of their albums that rival Sgt Pepper in creativity. Very under rated band IMO.  The albums, 'Somewhere I've never traveled' and their self titled one are my favs.

Imagine Yes, Chicago, the Beatles, and Klaatu mixed together, with a great vocalist.

128x1281111art

I’m glad you brought them up as grew up on “Life beyond LA” and didn’t hear the first album (cept the hits off it) and it’s so good through my Harbeth REL combo makes me appreciate Alan Parsons and the fact that he’s still around  touring  That & the work he did with Al Stewart as well😎great stuff indeed !

I swear I saw their first one at the Goodwill here in Portland just last week.  Shoulda snagged it for $3.  Thanks for the heads up.....had no idea.

I thought I had all of their cd's; but, I discovered a live album that I didn't know about due to this thread, so thanks for that!

"Standing Room Only" was recorded in 2002 and there are still three original band members (guitarist/vocalist David Pack left in the mid 80's). There are 10 songs in the 60 minute set, with 6 deep cuts: "Nice, Nice, Very Nice;" "Livin' On My Own;" "Somewhere I've Never Traveled;" "Time Waits For No One;" Drink of Water" & "Holding On to Yesterday" plus their 3 big hits and a cover of "Magical Mystery Tour." Most importantly, the sound quality and the performances are very good.

So, for a mere $8 investment, the verdict is a big thumbs up! Just be aware that Amazon has mis-labeled the cd as "Extended Versions," instead of "Standing Room Only."