Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
My wife once told friends that a man should have a vice that keeps him home even when she is out.
She even helped me choose the colors and decor for our dedicated listening room.
Our friends think me lucky;so do I.
I got lucky. My girlfriend puts up with my hobbies very well. I'm an audiophile and historical (curio and relic) firearms collector. Both are expensive hobbies and she doesn't mind if I am sensible about my purchases.

My girlfriend loves to listen to the hi-fi. She really appreciates the quality of sound that it produces. Even though she is a professed liberal to her core, she has even shot a few of my firearms at the range too. :)
I work she don't

I just say it's my money to spend..
you don;'t like it ..
hit the road!!
Simple. My girlfriend and I do not live together. So why should she complain? I even put together a system for her apartment. Besides, it is my house, my money, and I am more particular about aesthetics than she is.
I am lucky because my wife understands how important music and a quality audio system is to me. When I want to upgrade and finances permit she supports me all the way.