Gilmore Audio planars revealed

The Gilmore Audio speaker have finally been photographed for the world to see: Gilmore Audio

Disclaimer - I'm a dealer for the Gilmores, though at this point I'm still awaiting my first pair, as they haven't begun shipping yet.

The Gilmores push the edge of the envelope for planar technology in several areas. Innovations include an extremely thin (3 mil) Kapton diaphragm; bass extension to below 20 Hz; easy 8-ohm load combined with 92 dB efficiency (you can drive 'em with Atma-Sphere M-60's!); and maximum output level in the mid to upper 120's.

Designer Mark Gilmore is the webmaster of the Atma-Sphere Owner's Group website, as well as of the Sound Lab Owner's Group site. He's been around for a while, but this is his first commercial loudspeaker design (to the best of my knowledge).

I haven't heard 'em yet so can't comment on the sound (I know, that's all that really matters after all). I'm expecting a pair before the end of the year, and will post comments then.

Duke
audiokinesis
Whatever happened to this speaker? Big news splash with sexy models and all. Are they even still in business?
Hello. Gilmore Audio is alive and well. We have just introduced our new Digital Amps (250 Watt per channel Ravens and 500 watt per channel Raptors) and have a fabulous preamp on the way. Rev 3 ribbon is in final stages of development and will be an improvement over what is already remarkable performance.

We have reduced prices and adopted a direct to the customer strategy. That is one of the reasons we are not doing traditional advertising as much. We still have a number of sites around the country where you can hear our systems with three home theatre applications along with our strategic partner Theta Dgital.

Web site is updated regularly (www.glacieraudio.com or www.gilmoreaudio.com) . Any questions please call 406-257-0145