Gilmore Audio planars revealed

The Gilmore Audio speaker have finally been photographed for the world to see: Gilmore Audio

Disclaimer - I'm a dealer for the Gilmores, though at this point I'm still awaiting my first pair, as they haven't begun shipping yet.

The Gilmores push the edge of the envelope for planar technology in several areas. Innovations include an extremely thin (3 mil) Kapton diaphragm; bass extension to below 20 Hz; easy 8-ohm load combined with 92 dB efficiency (you can drive 'em with Atma-Sphere M-60's!); and maximum output level in the mid to upper 120's.

Designer Mark Gilmore is the webmaster of the Atma-Sphere Owner's Group website, as well as of the Sound Lab Owner's Group site. He's been around for a while, but this is his first commercial loudspeaker design (to the best of my knowledge).

I haven't heard 'em yet so can't comment on the sound (I know, that's all that really matters after all). I'm expecting a pair before the end of the year, and will post comments then.

Duke
audiokinesis

Showing 4 responses by kana813

More pictures of the Gilmore's best feature:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/theexpo2004/showgirls4.htm
Let's face it, as Plato said- we're looking at redo of the Carver speaker.

Updated parts, yes, but the same basic concept with the lastest audiophile hype. Don't you love the
"Sellerwithintegrity," spin doctor work.

Mr.Gilmore obviously has smoked too much pakalolo, if he thinks anyone would pay $19K for these plug ugly kitchen counter tops.

Can't wait for the 2004 Gilmore Audio calendar. Hope he includes 3D glasses.
"I'm sure he will sell plenty of them."

Andy- Mahalo for quoting from my two month old post, but I think you're wrong. Unless Gilmore lowers ther price, he'll be gone in a year.

You've have hit on Mr.Gilmore's key target market, the owners of VMPS hybrids. The price of admission to VMPS hybrids is under $5K. The promising new RM30s towers are $3.5K. How many of these big box folks will pony up $7K-$10K more for the kitchen counter tops?