Fuse upgrade on Marantz SA-10 & Marantz UD9004

Hi everyone,

As the title reads, I own both Marantz players (the SA-10 in my main system and the UD9004 on my HT room).

Have any of you find if there are replaceable fuses to upgrade inside them and where are they located or their values? I’ve heard you can improve the sound quality significantly when doing it.
I’ll appreciate any help!

Best,

Antonio.

valentinofv
Before this thread is drug down into a flame war, let's just ignore any negative comments and move forward.
Yes, just ignore the troll. He want's this thread to get ugly so he can run to the mods to have it shut down. It's his only reason for being here.

All the best,
Nonoise
@auxinput: I really appreciate your feedback. I’ll try to do as you recommend me and try to find it. Thanks!

@georgehifi: What the hell is wrong with you dude? So what if this is my first post? Does that gives you the almighty power to judge what I ask for? If you have nothing constructive to say, you’d better go elsewhere to troll, not in MY thread. Take your meds dude, for Pete’s sake!

@nonoise: Thank your very much for your kind support. Have a great day!
raysmtb1296 posts03-08-2021 7:33pm

Well Mr. heavy mechanic I used to have a Lotta respect for you. Remember those interconnects from China filled with oil that you recommended ....you said they made a nice difference.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No Mr. in my name JUST oldhvymec.. LOL

Mercy, spring a little oil leak and it’s the end of the world.. It made a difference, it lightened your pocket book and fattened someone else's. Something happened...

My next line is all on you.. Remember the post. I said try it for 32 or 39 dollars. The ribbons were a knock out.. Pure and simple. It took me 4 different ribbons to get the right ones and 300.00 dollars but I had fun.. The oil filled RCA were one of 5 different types I tried. 4 were wonderful and one was actually stateside.. The RCAs were more a talking point for me..

The OP was asking for under 1000.00 usd..

ALL mine were under 50.00, besides it was time for an oil change, pretty obvious. ay :-)

I never spent over 50.00 on 1 meter silver weaves or copper.. Try to find anything even CLOSE for under 500.00. The oil filled, pure and simple "I tried it" you got braggin’ rights in your case bitchin’ rights.. LOL

One of my RCA leaked too, I laid hands on it, prayed, and it quit leaking..
What can I say... Actually it was pulled to tight and caused it to leak.. I fixed it.. I now know the reason, it was the airplane ride over up and down in a non pressurized cargo bay.. You give up to easy..
The sound.. They were OK at best...

The other 4 weaves, and the flat cable copper twister you’ll never know..

The ribbons, oh yea they are real bad too, don’t buy those either. Bigger smile :-) A buddy has bought over 50 pairs now.. I think every nephew, second and third cousin in the country got a pair from him..
He has 2 meter Oden IIs 13K or something like that. He’s rich..

I just happen to find the perfect cable with the wrong terminal ends, for 30.00 more, I get exactly what I want and how I want it made.. 130.00 for 3 meter silver/copper/teflon with silver over copper spade ends..
Darn near Spittin’ image of Odin IIs. 130.00 USD.. No wooden blocks saying "Odin II" Expensive blocks of wood, over 12K.

Respect...