Fuse upgrade on Marantz SA-10 & Marantz UD9004

Hi everyone,

As the title reads, I own both Marantz players (the SA-10 in my main system and the UD9004 on my HT room).

Have any of you find if there are replaceable fuses to upgrade inside them and where are they located or their values? I’ve heard you can improve the sound quality significantly when doing it.
I’ll appreciate any help!

Best,

Antonio.

valentinofv
I use 4 HiFi Tuning Silver Star fuses on my Marantz SA15S2b and they make an improvement once the stock ones that anyone can hear. Looking at the inside shots of a SA-10, I can't see where there are fuses. They might be on a lower board and if so, I'd leave it as is.

All 4 fuses on mine are located near the center of the player (in the open on the circuit board) so it was easy to get at them. I couldn't locate one at or near the IEC inlet and if there is one in there, I left it as is.

All the best,Nonoise
raysmtb1 : I respect your opinion; however, that’s not the answer I was looking for. Thanks anyway.

nonoise: Thanks for your input. I’ve not been able neither to locate the fuses inside (if there’s any on them). Let’s see if other A’goners can jump in the thread and give us some feedback.

valentinofv OP1 posts03-07-2021 10:09pmraysmtb1 :

I respect your opinion; however, that’s not the answer I was looking for. Thanks anyway.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You may respect it but I don’t.. I’d return the information to the broken record it came from. Fuses and a walkman for the clown...

Yea no more MR. nice guy here.

Add that one to the Eeyore 6 list.

Though one person is half way off, my crap list, I crawled on myself, with some of the CRAP I been reading lately..

The things people think they hear, BUT fuses CAN make a difference.. 

OP do this. Take the fuses you currently have, turn them around one at a time, "IF" you hear a difference, chances are a fuse change will be a nice sonic nuget, if not.. SAVE YOUR MONEY.. A dab of silicone on the glass tube or wrap the fuse with a piece of tape. Use contact enhancer on the tips of the fuse and clean the fuse holder. Add enhancer (just a tiny little bit) with a Q-Tip.

101 "Make my system better for peanuts" Copy rights may apply.. :-)

Respect, I'm gonna' quit sayin' Regards

Respect
Well Mr. heavy mechanic I used to have a Lotta respect for you. Remember those interconnects from China filled with oil that you recommended ....you said they made a nice difference.  I bought a set...not only did they not make a difference all they did was leak that oil all over the floor. Do you know where they are now? In the garbage is where they are! Along with the  $65 I spent on them. I used to think that you were the man now I’m wondering if you’re not just a junk man. I’ve gotten suckered into so much crap in this audio world. If I wasn’t a quadriplegic I’d kick  my self! What a joke all this crap is.