Full loom of the same cable brand vs mixing and matching.

Some say, for synergy sake, you should use the same brand of cabling throughout your entire audio system (a full loom).  However, as an audiophile for over 25 years, I've never adhered to that philosophy.  As a matter of fact, I currently use three different brands of cables in my audio system with excellent results.  Do you stay faithful to one brand of cables in your audio system, or do you mix and match, as I do, and why?  

kennymacc

Early on I had closer to a single loom from one manufacturer. As I heard more stuff and made more mistakes, but learned from it, I started and have continued getting the best sounding cable I felt like paying for and now have a very good sounding system with many manufacturers contributing. You have to be able to trust your ears and it helps to have good friends who have stayed with you for a while and give you second and third opinions along with good recommendations. I definitely have some good helping friends for 10+ years that assist me.

Bob

Post removed 

I’m using Shunyata, MIT, and Nordost!

Couldn’t be happier!! Well maybe lol. 

Michael. 

The only thing that matters is it's copper and the proper gauge for the run length. That's it. You could use coat hangers.