Full E.A.R. + Spendor SP100R: cabling ?

Hello all,
my final configuration is a full E.A.R. setup (CD Acute, 868 pre, 534 power, 834P phono) and speakers are the Spendors SP100R's.
So it's time to think about cables in a serious way. I tried some solutions and the best I found was a complete Cardas Clear cabling, fantastic but I'm struggled against the high price :-(
My question is if you have suggestions or directions to obtain a 1st class sound, in your opinion comparable to Clears, that I can give a try. Sorry I don't live close to a big town so I'm limited for trying everything...
Thanks in advace !
Massimo
maz65

Showing 1 response by stanwal

I use Spendor S 100s internally rewired with Cardas [ except for tweeter , which is silver] driven by a CJ Primer 350. I have Cardas Golden Reference speaker cables [bought used]. I have been using VDH The First since the early 90s, now using the latest version. I was a dealer back then and became one again a year ago. I used then in the 14 years when I was out of audio retailing. While there are marginally better ICs like the top Cardas and Transparent they are FAR higher in cost. I saw a pair of First Ultimate on here for $220, you could try a pair and resell it at little if any loss if it didn't suit you.