Fritz Speakers

Lots of good reviews and comments here about Fritz speakers. I spoke to Fritz a few times about 5-6 years ago when last looking for new speakers, but went in a different direction. I find myself in the market once more, re-considering Fritz, and focused on the Carreras right now but interested in his entire line.

In particular, I'm wondering if anyone can comment on their low-level listening qualities. That's how I spend a lot of my time with my system. Speakers like the Focals do really well at lower volumes, and I'm looking for a similar experience. Interested in any comments about the BE tweeters as well. Thanks.

jaybe

Showing 1 response by lanx0003

Could someone explain why such a "plainly" designed pair of speakers cost that much as $3.5k. Is the veneer finish made of real wood? Could someone give us a breakdown of the cost for each component including xover, tweeter, woofer, wires and terminal/post. Finally, the business seems out of a direct sale model so no middle man (dealer) is involved so I wonder how much is the markup? This appears a solid performer and a good investment IF the cost is justifiable.

This questioning makes sense when one compare this product with PHILHARMONIC BMR monitor which is beautifully crafted, highly raved sounding speakers but only costs $2k.