Fraud and scam, how many of you are victims?

I was a victim of the most unpleasant experience just recently.I thought i was buying a preamp, but it proves i have been sending money to a scammer. It turns out the seller had been using a stolen ID and digitally manipulated photos.
I managed to get in contact with the fellow whos ID had been stolen, and it proves many more have been scammed like me. I'd like to point out that this is NOT through Audiogon, but another big sight.

Utterly painful when it's borrowed money. This makes me totally rethink any future purchase on the used marked.

I wonder how many of you fellow audio-friends have had this happen to you?

rird
We've all been scammed in big or small ways.
It's the world's fastest growing industry.
It cannot be stopped.

What is needed is a far more robust response to those who misuse the internet and other digital systems.  New bootcamp prisons must be established that are not pleasant places.  They can be run at minimal cost because they are containment systems and no more.
Significant sentences must be imposed - one year for a first offence, then five and so on.

If you don't agree with this, then accept you're going to be scammed and stop complaining.
Post removed 
I'm retired law enforcement and have some experience with scams.  Many are the result of a little laziness and naive thinking on the part of the victims.  We all hate to go through life being cynical and un-trusting but it may be necessary in today's world of high tech and a disregard for others.
I received an offer for a preamp listing on USAUDIOMART from what I thought was a reputable buyer. The guy was associated with Audio Excellence in Canada, whose YouTube channel I subscribe to. He was using a company email address @audioexcellence.ca
 I accepted his fair offer and he then asked for all my banking information so he could send the money via EFT. After I sent the info he basically ghosted me and I had to get shirty with him to force a response. His response was basically that I was involved in his holding pattern and he needed to sell something else to fund the sale. Basically BS. Now the dude has all my banking information. It’s about the dumbest thing I’ve done in 20 years of online trading.
Scam or not, it’s despicable how people can agree to a transaction, collect your financial information then walk away from the deal without consequence.
 I’m now in dialogue with my bank over the security of my account. It’s a 25 year account which I use with various auto bill payments etc. 
What a plonker I am.

A bit polarizing opions and maybe experiences here, aswell as a degree of besserwissers here to. Well, it's like forums usually are.