FOCAL ARIA 926 vs. TANNOY REVOLUTION XT 6F using a Primaluna Dialogue Premier

I recently purchased a Primaluna Dialogue Premium and am in need of better speaker to compliment the amp.  I am teetering between Focal and Tannoy and would greatly appreciate any assistance in helping make a decision.  Room size 12x25 with the setup at one end with furniture, so the room is not a dedicated listening room.  Thanks.
toddnlg

Showing 2 responses by toddnlg

Thank you everyone for your responses.  I did end up going with the Tannoys.   I have no decent audio dealers in my area, so I had to depend on forum reviews and recommendation from the one person I know personally who got me into this audiophile thing.  The commonality I ran into with Focal was that they are almost too clear; to the point of possible fatigue after long listening sessions.  Admittedly, I am still curious to hear them though.  With the PL and Tannoys as my introduction to higher end audio, I guess I have more reach to do.  So far, I am pretty happy with the setup ,though I have nothing else to compare it to.  The Tannoys play very well with jazz, blues, acoustical guitar, and instrumental music like the Split Enz, where there are a lot of sounds coming at you.  What would be the next recommend model, if I were to stay with Tannoy and keeping inline with their traditional models?  

Thanks again all for your input. Getting a sub or two is definitely on the list of things to come. A REL Acoustics T/7I Subwoofer was recommended to me when I bought the XT’s. Are the Sterling or Turnberry decent or just wait for a well-preserved pair of Kensington’s to come up at a good price? I know Tabeljockey mentioned the Turnberry's earlier.   @zufan nice setups! How are the Cheviots?