Floor standing or Large bookshelf recommendations - 2.0 channel setup

Greetings, I have a parallel thread in the Amps and Preamps section for this same setup. I trying to build a step up from my existing 2.1 channel system. Recently a major change that has happened is I finally took the plunge and got myself an MC152, so now that my amp is not a variable, I’m open to exploring speaker options. (I like warmer smoother sound, with a little sparkle at the high frequences. Currently quite happy with the type of sound I’m getting with MC152).

I currently have a Rotel RA-12 Pre + MC152 -> LS50 + SB2000
Room dimensions: 17’x13’x12’ 

The LS50s really came alive after adding my recently acquired MC152. But now I’m in search of a pair of good floor standers or large bookshelf. I intend for this to be a long term setup so I am ready to wait and not in a hurry.

Here are the ones I narrowed down so far. I’m going to be using my local dealer so I wont be able to audition some of these. I understand Crutchfield is an option, but thing is I have very good relationship with this dealer and wish to give them business:

(Budget prefer to stay under $5k, cheaper the better really)

Dynaudio Evoke 50 - Not able to audition, but read these are not as sparkly on the top as B&W D3 series

B&W 805 D3 - Auditioned these, loved the treble, but worried it may be too much over time. However since I’m looking at tube preamps, I suppose that should tone down the sharp highs. Second thing is I feels this model will hold better resale value / easier to get rid of it comes to it ever. Open to thoughts

Focal Aria 936 - Never heard them, but they seem to be on quite a good promotion right now. Heard these tend to be more on the sharp side with less bottom end. These are low on my priority unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Salk Song3- Wife does not approve the looks of that... this is going to be a tough sell

B&W 704 S2 - This one is strictly on the list because I have local listing of a almost new pair for under $2k and I just see that as a great value. But I not sure if its worth looking into these just cause its a deal.

Am I missing any other major contenders? Please share your thoughts on the ones I picked and if anyone of those or other particularly go well with my type of setup. Thanks and Cheers!
sr20022002
And whoa, $5000 amp?  Might want to look into a new preamp first.  I’d say that the Rotel is holding you back more than the LS50’s at this point.

@b_limo
And whoa, $5000 amp? Might want to look into a new preamp first. I’d say that the Rotel is holding you back more than the LS50’s at this point.

+1, what b_limo said. Agree.

A few years back there was a member over on the AA forum who selected a Hegel P20 to mate with a MC152 amp. He originally started going for a Rouge preamp, and landed with the Hegel. He claimed to like the P20 better than a same brand MC47 preamp. Running a really nice preamp in front of my own mono amps makes it really nice to listen to. I too would not be so quick to jump away from the LS50s since you have a SB2000 sub. Open up the front end some more, it all starts at the source and preamp upstream No need for big floor standers in that size room imo.
@davidvanderbilt I agree, the treble from the B&Ws is second to none from what I’ve heard so far. It’s just the price is holding me back a little and whether for the price of the 805 bookshelves I could get some floor standers from other brands. 

@hild45 Just wanted to keep my Amp and speaker discussions separately. Also since I bought the amp now, my focus has changed and the old thread was headed in a different direction. 

@b_limo It’s a little complicated, so the dealer I’m working with does mostly installation projects and doesn’t readily stock stuff, he doesn’t have a show room, so its difficult to get demos. My second local dealer has a showroom (he caries B&W and Paradigm) is located in my old city which is 6 hours drive away, so I deal with him over the phone and have bought equipment from him before. 
As for Salks, of course those I was thinking of ordering from their own website, so no local dealer involved. Hope that clarifies it, sorry if it was confusing. Yea I’m the type of person who values B&M still and want to give my local businesses priority, especially given the current times we live in. 
And yea, I know my trusty Rotel is still coming along for the ride, I literally just got the MC152, so haven’t had a chance to look into preamps. MC was a deal so I had to pull the trigger. 

@decooney You are right, after hooking the LS50s to the MC, I’m actually quite surprised at how well they sound even with the SB2000 off, I couldn’t believe the mid and lower mid bass these produce with such as small driver. 

So is the over consensus pointing towards prioritizing a Preamp? I haven’t heard other preamps yet, but honestly I feel fine with Rotel for now. From what I read the Speakers would make the biggest difference rather than a Dac or Pre, which is why I was going to prioritize speakers. But let me know if I’m wrong in thinking that way. 
Thanks again for all the inputs! Appreciate it

Oh and one more thing to add to this. I’ve always been curious how the Klipsch Heritage line compares? Like the Heresey or Forte III 
I’ve never seen them in flesh, non of the local dealers/bestbuy has them. 
Also the JBL L100, which I believe falls in the same category. 

I always imagined horn loaded speakers would have a more of a shouty mid range like you hear in live concerts. Not sure about their bass response given they seem to use paper surround cones than rubber long throw types. I assume the sheer diameter probably more than compensates for the throw. 

Would be great to know you all’s thoughts on these in comparison to the ones on my list and whether they would pair well with the MC ?
Post removed