Flipping record causing series of loud pops

I just got my first tube phono preamp.  Now when I take a record off the turntable I hear a series of loud pops.  If I use my solid state phono no pops.
I hope someone has a solution
jefgerard
Thank you all for your remedies.  Based on so many suggestions of static and grounding the table properly I reexamined all of my connects.  I t turned out that the ground connection on the turntable had gotten very loose.  When I discovered that I tightened everything up and my problem was remedied.   What I still don't understand is why my solid state phono stage  did not cause a pop but the tube phono did.  Well alls well and thanks to everyone who took time to help me out.
Static is what you hear . Two solutions. First buy a zero stat gun. I use all the time with great results. Second solution get a pair of tommy copper socks to wear when you are playing albums. This for me has eliminated the shocks I use to get touching my system and tonearm. Someone had posted this on here one day and it works.
I’m glad you checked and fixed it.. Micro Arcing. The valve unit has all kind of little antenna inside the case picking up the micro arcing in the ground circuit.

Pretty easy to see how it could get noisy. I imaging it didn’t help with floor noise either. I suspect the ground on the SS was lifted and or a different grounding setup than the Valve unit..

I been tinkering with a secondary parallel RJ45 central grounding system. I thought what the heck, how easy could it be, a lot less expensive setup than someone else’s 2-20k system and RJ45 patch cable is very inexpensive and QUIET.. Easy to make up. I gutted a brand new older 100mb hub for the main ground collection point.. Super tight fitting RJ45 females terminals and a heavy gage sheet metal case

A work in progress but sure is working out.. I have 35-40 dollars in it..
Now an EARTH box ground? LOL I’m not buying into that one just yet..
BUT you never know.. Have to consult with Master M and get a little lateral advise :-) He's always tinkering..

Regards..