Fleetwood Deville vs Wilson Sound

Both are great speakers. I was always curious about Wilson speakers especially because some people really hate on them.

Anyone compare the Fleetwood Deville vs Wilson Sasha Tier?

How would you describe the differences in own words?

The Devilles make female vocals sound quite stunning, and am unsure if I would like that "crisp clear hifi" sound that Wilsons have.

Opinions?

128x128f208frank

Showing 11 responses by f208frank

^I posted mine for sale, I decided to keep it simple and just have one set of speakers rather than to deal with the "which speaker should I listen to today" decision. Minimalist at heart. I know some people enjoy swapping in and out speakers but I do not. 

After owning both the Devilles and the Scalas, I keep teetering back and forth between just keeping one set of speakers or both.

I am currently in honeymoon phase with the Scalas and when swapping to the Devilles, I still do enjoy em quite a bit. 

One thing that sort of steered me away from the Wilsons was because they have such a premium baked into the cost due to their brand name. If that speaker had won my heart over I can look past that but thankfully it did not. I spoke to a few Wilson owners and majority of them even when happy with the sound do feel some of their money went towards the "brand name" when purchasing the speakers. Of course nothing wrong with that at all. I do respect/appreciate what Wilson as a brand had/has contributed to the audio world at the end of the day.

Happy listening.

That was pretty good and is in line of what I would sort of expect comparison wise.

What is bard?

The vocals coming from the Devilles are quite something special for sure.

Sasha V, since that is there newest model.

For the poster mentioning "base" I am pretty sure he meant bass.

I still feel the Fleeetwood Devilles are being slept on quite a bit. Not enough people know about them and how great they sound, imo at least.

Comparing 2 dissimilar speaker designs does still satisfy curiosity in some form, regardless if actually interested in purchasing or not (demoing tomorrow at audio excellence canada)

Sure, Mere words will not tell you how it sounds, but was just trying to get a  feel from others who have experienced both. I enjoy reading people's impressions.

Yes, the Devilles are musically pleasing. I see many Wilson/Magico owners getting tired of that HIFI clean sound.

At this stage of my journey I have not gotten jaded with that sound yet. I enjoy both in different ways on different days.

I listened to both the Wilsons and Magicos and they are definitely quite amazing in their own way. I am unsure why Wilson gets so much hate. The Devilles definitely hold their own and I appreciate them even more after these recent comparisons. My only conclusion after comparing all 3 was that I like them all. *shrugs*

1. Wilson: that bass, time alignment adjustment, great all rounder (sasha v)

2. Devilles: so so easy to get lost in the music, vocals still sounded best and most natural on this speaker 

3. Magico: so beautifully transparent with less bass but more detailed, closed box design

Another speaker I tried recent that surprised me a bit was the Focal Maestro + Scala. The vocals/mid range on that is very clean without that tipping point of over doing it like on the Magicos. 

The Magicos are really interesting to me because I never knew expected that many people to be into that sort of sound. 

After demoing the wilson sasha v, the magico s3, focal scala, I ended up getting the Scala.

Bit surprised as I pre judged the focal due to hating their headphone sound. I initially thought I would like the magico s3s the most as it looked the best to me and the overall tech was really cool, but the sound was too clean/sterile to me especially the mid range. Though it was very impressive upon first listen or even 2nd, that type of sound wore on me. I also see that magico is slowly moving into direction of having a more polite mid range compared to previous models, with s3 showing that in spades. I think they know what the market whats and had to adjust. The thing I loved most about the s3 was how amazingly defined fhe bass was. Less bass than the wilson sasha V, but much more defined and detailed. The sasha V had the most bass but for some reason just did not move me. The thing I liked about the Sasha V was that it felt to be a good all rounder.

The Scala won my heart over as it was the most detailed natural sounding out of the 3 for my ears, not to mention how amazing the spacing was between instruments. Just wow.

Thank you. My house in NY is too small to house them so I built a listening space at the warehouse. Did what I could haha. 

I demoed the Wilsons multiple times with different set ups and I just never resonated or liked the sound that much for some reason. I always sat there thinking not much of it, especially for the $. Their build and paintwork is quite amazing though.

I moved on to the Focal Scala Evos and they are absolutely wonderful...