Flamenco and Tango

Looking to get into some Flamenco guitar and maybe some Tango.
I'd appreciate any recommendations, CD's, good performances on well done recordings.

thanks
KP
killerpiglet
I am not very organized right now, but the last two CD's of this type that I picked up are:

Enrique Morente "Lorca" on the Marada label

Flamenco Highlights from Spain (six artists) on the International Passport label.

Both are a good listen.

Another gut string guitar player to check out (if you enjoy this instrument) is Juanjo Dominguez, who pushes it to the edge (his edge anyway - which is nice).

Sorry, all of the Tango is buried right now, but there should be some recommendation's if you do a search (seems like there was a thread in the past year on this and/or world music).

Kelly can kid, but I just purchased a huge mint Lesbian LP collection for $12. So, don't laugh, or do laugh (I'm not quite certain on this one).
Bwhite, your points are well taken. Paco De Lucia is one of my favotite artists and I agree that his explorations of other genres in no way detracts from his artistry. For one of his albums that blends traditional Flamenco with a little twist try "Solo Quiero Caminar" on Phillips. The rhythms, progressions, and singing draw heavily on the traditional with some non-traditional instruments thrown in to good effect.

As for pure flamenco being difficult, it is the singing that is the hardest to acquire a taste for. It can sound a bit like a spanish cat with his family jewels in a vise to the uninitiated. But I like it.

Another good album in a more traditional style is "gypsy flamenco" by Carlos Heredia on Chesky. Very well recorded to Chesky's usual standards. A lot of the aforementioned cat wailing, excellent stuff.
I'm wondering why nobody named Paco de Lucia "dos guitarras flamencas en america latina". To me this is best of the best and I've heard almost everything what was mentioned.
But don't by all Paco de Lucia without listening first, there are exceptions from the rule
If you like popular tango/flamenco,here is a few more artists.Jose Luis Encinas,Armik,Jesse cook,Oscar Lopez,Strunz & Farah.
Speaking of Piazzola, you may wish to check out Fidelis Records website www.fidelisrecords.com . They are issuing a piazzola that is incredible! Far superior sonically to the Nonesuch recording, and (get this) a superior performance. I have a test/promo copy, supplied from the manufacturer, this is how I know. From what I'd heard, there were several copies floating around CES as well.