First tube preamp recommendations (under $5k)

Right now have di20he -> terminator -> he9 -> pass x350.8 -> ATC scm7 / NS5000.
I am thinking of introducing some tubes into my chain. I like the sound I am getting but want to explore what tubes can do to the sound (slight warmth, biggest soundstage, better layering etc etc). Don’t want to go to nuts on price. If price is over $5k would consider if its really exceptional (but for sure not over $10k). Totally fine with used. Balanced would be nice but not mandatory.
So far I am thinking RP7, EVO400, bhk. Any thoughts?
smodtactical
New:   Audible Illusions M3B.   Best value for the money and meets your budget.

Used:   Upper end CJ or Audio Research Ref Series, or SP-10II / SP-11

Vintage:  Mac or Marantz

Benefit to used or vintage is the ability to resell for your cost (or maybe a little more).  Easy to try then decide if you like it.  If not- you can move on to another preamp.

My experience:  I own a ARC SP-10mkII and AI M3B.  BOTH sound GREAT, with with different virtues.

M3B   DEAD quiet- I can not hear it when it is on.  Soundstage is wide, deep and detailed.  MM Phono stage is excellent.   Very natural sound.  Dual stepped volume controls sometimes makes exact channel matching difficult.  But over time you find the (personal) gain setting that works best.

SP-10mkii   Slight noise floor.  Excellent phono stage with multiple loading choices.  Soundstage is wide, deep and detailed.  Overall sound is slightly lush and more tube like than the M3B.  May not be as accurate, but I like it just the same, and in some areas it sounds better.

Macro view is your expectations and budget are realistic so that you can explore the sweet spot of the market.
here's an alternative tact - use tubes in your source rather than the pre.
I'm not sure what pre you are using but keep it and try a Lampizator Baltic #3 dac instead of the Denafrips.  It may give you all the tube goodness you are looking for.
You need to audition the Backert Labs Rhumba 1.3. If $5k is the goal, then go with the Extreme version.
I couldn't be happier with my Sonic Frontier Line 2.  bought used.  solidly built.  very serviceable - Parts Connection.  XLR in and out.  dead silent. IR remote.  this was my first Tube pre-amp so i can't say as i have any comparison to others.