First Bi Amping Experience

I just puchased a pair of Legacy Signature Se speakers. Am pushing them with my Coda CSIB . I am loving them. Was reading about bi amping for a while.  Started looking for a comparable amp to run off my preamp outputs. Was not having much luck finding one in that power range that was in my current budget. Then I thought of how I run my home theater rig with a Crown pro amp. Did a little research and found the Crown XLi series of amps are a Class AB design. I got the biggest one they make and just hooked it up. I know pro equipment gets a bad rap sometimes but this really sounds good.

128x128melbay

I did no sort of calibration. Just listening and hearing wonderful bass. The Coda has been running hard now for 3 hours and is barely warm. Before it would get pretty hot after about 3 hours. Amp was open box $700.00.

Was also running a small REL sub before. Will now be listing that on audiomart.😄

The input on amp is set at 1.4. Output gain knobs at 100 percent. No clipping or noise. God bless John Entwistle and Stanley Clark.

Are you using a Y cable to split the pre-amp output?  Are you using any crossover before the amp?  Thanks.  

The Coda has a right and left output for the preamp. The Crown has channel 1 and channel 2 inputs. The internal crossovers in the speakers do the work acoording to   the manual.