Finally upgrading my amp

My budget is $2500.

My system currently consists of a pair of B&W 630's, an old Denon 50 watt reciever (DRA-550) from the mid 80's,  and a Marantz 5004 cd player.  And a technics 1500c Turntable.

Is integrated the way to go with my budget?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

128x128jjbeason14

Hegel 190. Preowned within your budget. Or up your budget to 3500 and get the Hegel 390 used. 

There are lots of great options, I would probably go with the Hegel H190 if I were in that range.....2 x 150 WPC 8 ohms/2 x 250 WPC 4 ohms, stable to 2 ohms, good built in DAC, built in streamer, well built, excellent reviews and very well thought of; and shouldn't have a problem driving your speakers

Heads up on the Linear Tube Audio MZ2...

Its power section puts out less than I watt into an 8 ohm load.

DeKay

+1 @ jbuhl . The Rogue RP-1 is a great platform for your needs. You are free to go SS, tubes, or class D. Some great suggestions here, but make sure you have enough wattage. If you go with any of the Rogue items mentioned you should budget for some NOS driver tubes. I can’t recommend a pair of Telefunkens enough. It’s a night and day difference. Recently I tried a modded Akitika amp with the Rogue, replacing my tube amp. At 60 wpc the little guy really sings ( read the reviews). You could buy the Rogue used, build the kit and get Tekefunkens for $2K. Use the $500 for interconnects and a power cord. Or get the amps jbuhl suggested. Happy Hunting, Mike B.