Feedback wanted from Jolida JD100A owners

I've been doing a lot of research on this player and a few others like the Arcam 73T.

How do you guys like this cd player and what other cd players did you audition? I don't want my highs extended as they are pretty good and borderline excessive. I do like bass though.

Thanks in advance.
dazman
The is where I'm confused.

One dealer who has posted on this site states "the Jolida has excellent bass and full-mids..true tube sound."

Another gentleman who deals with Jolida, also on this site, described the Jolida JD-100A, in comparison to the Arcam 73T, as "a good bit warmer than the Arcam and nowhere near as harsh. The 73T is bright in the highs whereas the Jolida is warmer and much more musical".

I have a Sony CD player, not the greatest, and my 15 year old Luxman DZ-03 tube CD player sounds much better.

I wish I could listen to the Jolida before buying it.

What would you suggest in this price range then?
This is where I'm confused.

One dealer who has posted on this site states "the Jolida has excellent bass and full-mids..true tube sound."

Another gentleman who deals with Jolida, also on this site, described the Jolida JD-100A, in comparison to the Arcam 73T, as "a good bit warmer than the Arcam and nowhere near as harsh. The 73T is bright in the highs whereas the Jolida is warmer and much more musical".

I have a Sony CD player, not the greatest, and my 15 year old Luxman DZ-03 tube CD player sounds much better.

I wish I could listen to the Jolida before buying it.

What would you suggest in this price range then?
Opinions are very subjective. What does he mean by "excellent bass"? The Jolida's bass is deep and full, certainly not lacking in frequency reponse, and in fact comparable to any player. Where it falls short is in its control and articulation. So if your dealer's comments were based on a medium/slow Jazz recording with deep bass notes, the Jolida would come across as having "excellent bass and full mids". Fast paced rock can make the Jolida sound a little congested with flabby bass.

However, if your amp and speakers are well controlled at the frequency extremes, I'd give the Jolida a try. It might strike a nice balance and give you everything you're looking for.

Another analog yet resolved player you may want to look at is the Rega Apollo. I'm willing to bet given the class A solid state output, the bass while perhaps not as deep and full, would be tighter, faster, and more controlled.
I've had the Jolida JD100 for a few months and I would say it is mostly muscial, warm, smooth, analog like sounding with respectable details. The bass is not too bad but it is probably on the deep and full rather than being lean and fast.

But output tube has a lot to do with the sound. The stock tubes can be a bit harsh. I have Sylvania output tube and the treble is a lot smoother than with the stock tubes.