Feedback wanted from Jolida JD100A owners

I've been doing a lot of research on this player and a few others like the Arcam 73T.

How do you guys like this cd player and what other cd players did you audition? I don't want my highs extended as they are pretty good and borderline excessive. I do like bass though.

Thanks in advance.
dazman
I'm kind of disappointed by the response because my initial impression of this player, from what I've read, is that it is suppose to be very good. One thing I don't need are extended highs becuase my speakers are a little too good in this area but I would like to extend the bass.
If a stock JD100 with stock tubes emphasizes your treble I'll come over and clean your garage.

Keeping with Tvad's new fangled audio speak. One of these posters doesn't know "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" they are talking about!

It's great player. Sounds warm and inviting, not bad dynamics, responds well to tube rolls, and PC changes. Plays even the most dmaged CDs.
Dazman - if bass is your #1 priority then don't go with a tubed based player. Bottom line, at the peak of design, a solid state player will have better bass. Same can be said for a tube player and the mid range.

Confused why you're disappointed. Your impressions from reading reviews is true in that overall the Jolida is a great player that many enjoy. But when you break down the bass, treble, mids, etc...you will have ratings for each that don't tell the "whole" story. The NY Yankees have the higest payroll and most star power every year, yet the team that wins the World Series is the best "team".

In summary, this is what you get from the Jolida:

Highs - 8/10
Mids - 9/10
Bass - 6/10
Dynamics - 7/10
Speed - 5/10
Extension - 6/10
Separation - 5/10
Soundstage - 7/10
Imaging - 6/10
Enjoyment - 10/10

With all this said, I've found in my experience the amp used being greater than or equal to in significance effecting the ratings. Same goes for speakers. Which is why you hear comments like "jolida is solid state like" or the "jolida has great bass". Hell, I believe them! It's all system syngergy. So I suggest you try it out in your system.
The is where I'm confused.

One dealer who has posted on this site states "the Jolida has excellent bass and full-mids..true tube sound."

Another gentleman who deals with Jolida, also on this site, described the Jolida JD-100A, in comparison to the Arcam 73T, as "a good bit warmer than the Arcam and nowhere near as harsh. The 73T is bright in the highs whereas the Jolida is warmer and much more musical".

I have a Sony CD player, not the greatest, and my 15 year old Luxman DZ-03 tube CD player sounds much better.

I wish I could listen to the Jolida before buying it.

What would you suggest in this price range then?
This is where I'm confused.

One dealer who has posted on this site states "the Jolida has excellent bass and full-mids..true tube sound."

Another gentleman who deals with Jolida, also on this site, described the Jolida JD-100A, in comparison to the Arcam 73T, as "a good bit warmer than the Arcam and nowhere near as harsh. The 73T is bright in the highs whereas the Jolida is warmer and much more musical".

I have a Sony CD player, not the greatest, and my 15 year old Luxman DZ-03 tube CD player sounds much better.

I wish I could listen to the Jolida before buying it.

What would you suggest in this price range then?