Fed rate increase = lower hifi prices?

Will the recent rate hike meant to slow down the economy result in lower hifi prices?  Seems everything shot up during Covid. Will we now see some relief?

128x128bigtex22

Showing 3 responses by cd318

@soix 

"In a few months the CPI comps to last year alone are gonna dramatically reduce inflation, and as supply channels gradually open inflation will fall even further and we’ll still have an economy growing at above 3%."

Yes, that is one way to avert disaster, providing that it's benefits trickle down to the working people.

Let's hope that you're right.

It's certainly a pretty confusing situation here in the UK right now.

Confidence in politicians seems to be at an all time low but our chancellor Rishi Sunak seems to be one of the more capable ones.

Some of still remember 2008 when we were told that it was either plan A or bust!

There was no plan B.

@artemus_5

Fed rate increase = lower hifi prices?

the rate increase has nothing to do with audio equipment! mostly on buying homes!!

How do you come up with these ideas? If the rates go UP, the Mfgs,& the home buyer pay more for borrowing $$$. That means mfg price increase and home buyer & renter payments go up

See below for amount of price increase:

• Rental cars: 42.9%
  • Gas: 42.1%
  • Used cars: 24.4%
  • Hotels: 18%
  • TVs: 12.7%
  • Furniture: 11.2%
  • Meats, poultry, fish and eggs: 10.5%
  • New cars: 8.7%
  • Appliances: 7.1%
  • Electricity: 5.2%
  • Restaurant prices: 4.7%
  • Rent: 2.9%

These rates are VERY LOW. IE Gas prices are very near doubled. That’s close to 100% NOT the 41% posted. Diesel fuel hit an all time high this past week. It is $5.29 here where its cheaper than a lot of places. this effects EVERY product because most everything is shipped at some point via Truck which uses diesel.

Used cars were up 35%. I do most of the grocery shopping and can assure you that 10% is NOT ACCURATE for food. Hamburger was 3.50 LB Now it is $4.50-$5. That is 30-35%. coffee which was $6 is now $8.50. Thats about 45%. And consider this. the Cost of living index does NOT INCLUDE food, gas & housing. The market dropped bu over 1000 points yesterday. And as we speak the DC politicians spending $33 Billion more of OUR $$$, Not on us though

Google Klaus Schwab, The World Economic forum, The great reset. I suspect what is coming will make 2008 look like a walk in the park. So buckle up folks. We have very few friends in DC. A D or R means nothing They have sold US out

As @nonoise has said

Sounds like a great time to turn the screws some more.

And why not? We do nothing to stop them

We had local elections here in the UK yesterday and for the first time in ages I couldn’t bring myself to vote for any of the parties.

The Convid Plandemic, and particularly the crippling Lockdowns, has dealt a huge blow to many economies and now someone must all pay for it.

Guess who?

Many many people will suffer, but not all.

Guess who?

That’s right!

Our Lords and masters, the global lending banks.

Come to think of it, perhaps I should have at least made my feelings felt at the ballot box by scribbling Klaus Schwab across it?

I’m afraid it’s time to buckle our belts my friends.

There might be some serious turbulence ahead and don’t forget your thermals for next winter!

Now does anyone know whether you can use MDF as firewood...?

@noske,

I studied, a loose term I'll admit, economics for 3 years as part of my degree and whilst macro economics may have made a little sense, micro made no sense at all.

In fact it was mindnumbingly dull. I remember discussing it with a postgrad student who admitted that it was only the sight of the Swedish lecturer's legs in her knee length skirts that kept him awake during those periods.

Let's not kid ourselves, economics is an extremely complex and largely unpredictable social science. The Keynesian v monetarist debates made the analogue v digital ones look like small potatoes.

I had a lot of time for Keynes, I particularly liked his suggestion of burying bottles full of pound notes and letting folks dig them back out as a way of easing mass unemployment.

However, with Keynes, as everyone else, a lot depends upon sustainable growth.

Given this need for constant growth, perhaps it would not be too far fetched to imagine that this little trouble in Ukraine is related to the search for growth, would it?

@retiredfarmer 

"Nazi Germany printed money to pay the war  reparations"

Isn't that one of the reasons why WW2 is often called a  Bankers War?

"Within the first two months of the pandemic I knew what the outcome as far as money value was going to be and brought hard assets real estate gold and silver. I didn't want any amount of cash on hand as I was sure this was on its way."

Now that's an impressive display of keeping a clear head and pragmatic thinking.

Some of us sort of went into mild shock watching that footage from Wuhan.

On the other hand it now seems some of us were already getting ready to roll out their experimental jabs.

Some others were already planning to drive governments into increasingly more dangerous amounts of debt.

As they sometimes say, follow the money, and if we do that we can see that big pharma and big banks have certainly done very very well from the Plandemic.

Without growth the rest of us will have to increasingly suffer one of the 2 great certainties of life - taxes.

Someone is going to have to pay, and it's not going to be them.