Favorite integrated amp?

I`m researching integrated amps for my first system (either tubes, hybrid or ss). My budget is fairly open but let`s say...$1200-$1700 (used). I`d like some in-put from those of you who use int. amps in your system. I`d also like to hear what the rest of your gear is and why you like your particular amp.

I enjoy "old rock"...jazz...choral, and some classical.
capt369

Showing 2 responses by capt369

Through the last few months, I`ve been researching, reading tons of reviews and learning from the contributors in this forum.

For starters, I`m attracted to the ref. 3a di cappo i speakers for their high efficiency and their ability to be driven by low-powered set amps which I might use in the future.

For a source, I like what I read about the meridian 508.24 cdp.

I haven`t decided on an int. amp yet but the the belles 250-i has gotten my attention from the beginning.

Of course, I`ve made these decisions without hearing anything. Where I live, it`s impossible to audition anything so I`m basically going by what I read.

Tough way to start, huh? In any event thanks for the in-put so far. I`d like to hear more testimonials...
Thank you all for your suggestions so far.

Stuartbranson...I`d like to know which cables you`ve selected to run with your set amp.

Also, I can`t seem to find any reviews of the belles 250i on-line. Maybe somebody can point me in that direction.