Favorite 300B: Sophia vs KR

Which do you prefer; S.E.T. Princess 300B Carbon Plate or KR 300B WE Clone?

I've only experienced NOS 40's/50's WE so my expectations are pretty high. Which do you think captures the essence of the WE most closely? I'm trying to keep the cost down as much as possible so EAT is not an option, as much as I was blown away by their KT88. I considered current WE but they're not in production until Spring 2011.

-
sakahara

Showing 15 responses by isochronism

Is there a way to recognize the Sophia Royal Princess clone? I recently bought two pairs very slightly used. Also have a pair of standard Princesses.
Charles, I have an extra pair of Sophia RP that I would be happy to lend/send for your comparison.
My two girls are on their way to you.
One rule I must insist upon. Do not (!!) subject them to any Ornette Coleman as they are in their young formative stage.
The plot thickens! A third prize fighting contender in the mix, would be all the better.
Gentleman, place your bets!
Charles.. "let's get ready to rumble"!!
My Wavelength Cardinal Signature XS's are auto bias, as well.
Abill, The remaining good tube was checked by Sophia and tested as new. I purchased a matched second tube and they both were then sent back to Charles to resume his planned comparison.
They are actually an additional pair that I have.
I am using my other pair here, now. I am very happy with them, and was not looking to get rid of any. You already have a pair of RP's?
The amplifier that was tripped by the Takatsuki's was the Wavelength?
Thank you Charles. I have to remind myself to stop and take a breath after running in the door, before I sit down and try to think.
Gsm, I would much like to see your tubes go to Charles, either as purchase or loan for the comparison between the three.
Charles, don't toot the horn quite yet, as the RPs have not stepped in the ring.
This match may be like Ali vs Frazier all over again!
I am in complete concurrence with Phaelon!
The talent to listen, compare nuances, and put to words in a very easily understanding manner... Very excellent job, guys!!!
I am currently using my backup pair of RP's. Rachelle Ferrell just sang "With Every Breath I Take" ( with Terrence Blanchard"s muted trumpet) "FOR ME".
My butt got kicked very nicely!!. WOW
I will also report that I have been using my Royal Princess pair on and off (I switch with 45 amps) for over six months without a problem. And when the 300Bs are in service I will leave them on constant without powering off for a month or more straight at a time. No problems at all.
I also have received only very good service from Sophia company.
David, I have had one experience with Dave and Sue regarding their RP 300B and they had provided me with top quality service. Your thoughtful post shows of your own integrity.