Experiences With Costly Balanced XLR Interconnects Above $3,000

I’ve had great success going with quality (and costly) mains power cables in the main system. In my experience power cords bring the most significant difference in comparison to interconnects and speaker cables. However, I have not really tried the best interconnects out there.

I currently have the Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 XLR and an Acrolink 8N-A2080III Evo XLR in the system. Both sound excellent although different in their presentation. I’m wondering if the top-of-the-line WW Platinum Eclipse 8 XLR or Acrolink Mexcel DA6300IV XLR will bring a noticeable or worthwhile improvement to the sound.

Any experiences would be appreciated.

ryder

Showing 6 responses by dave_b

I might add, that the most musically revealing cable I have heard for the least amount of money is Anticables speaker cables and power cords…mixed results with IC’s!

Used many…only heard really musical differences from Transparent and MIT…diminishing returns past a certain point however.  Up to 12k per meter as I recall :)

I know the 2nd law of thermodynamics but it doesn’t help explain why the Transparent cables and MIT CABLES sound so much better than just plain wire.

The funniest thing is that the “Box” cables like Transparent and MIT are frequently bashed as being snake oil.  Those are precisely the only cables that actually offer a musically significant increase in performance.  Otherwise, I agree with fact that wire is wire.

For a supposedly high tech company, Acrolink’s website is absolutely horrible and offers nothing but meandering bloviation regarding Japanese tech leadership and metal purity circa 1999…hilarious!  I read some of the cable construction pages 😳

Hot mess comes to mind …best of luck 🍀 

Well since all the cables sounded the same, that begs the question why the preamp couldn’t discern the differences.  Power supplies sound different, types of connectors sound different…silver vs copper, insulation material, grounding, shielding etc….  But hey, great job making them all sound the same 👍